Friday, December 8, 2006

Top 10 Christmas Movies

Since I’m Jewish and don’t celebrate Christmas I thought I’d enlist the help of a friend to make this list. Here are Arieanna’s top 10 favorite Christmas movies:

1. The Santa Clause movies… The Santa Clause & The Santa Clause 2 - The Mrs. Clause. I love them! So looking forward to the third one. Of course, to get the full experience, you have to watch them back to back.

The Santa Clause (Full Screen Special Edition)The Santa Clause 2 - The Mrs. Clause (Widescreen Edition)

2. Miracle on 34th Street (new) & Miracle on 34th Street (old) - such a heartwarming story! I watch this every year. Absolutely every year. I like the new one because Mara Wilson makes the cutest little kid ever. Adorable.

Miracle on 34th StreetMiracle on 34th Street - Special Edition

3. National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation - Ah, the Griswolds. Chevy Chase is a classic in this movie. I’m not a big National Lampoon’s fans for the other movies, but this one! Every year I continue to enjoy it. Oh, the cat! And getting caught in the attic!

National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation (Special Edition)

4. The Grinch (new) Dr. Seuss’ How the Grinch Stole Christmas! (old) - Jim Carrey won me over here, more than in any other movie. He just was the grinch. Whoville is cute to the point of cutesy sickness. ;)

The Grinch (Widescreen Edition)Dr. Seuss' How the Grinch Stole Christmas! (50th Birthday Deluxe Remastered Edition)

5. The Polar Express Now, I will admit it wasn’t as great as I expected it to be. But the story is still very cute, and not like your traditional Christmas movie.

The Polar Express (Two-Disc Widescreen Edition)

6. Elf - shot here in Vancouver! Plus, my friend Eugene’s dad is an extra in the movie, so that’s pretty cool. Will Ferrell is hilarious though. ***This movie is os AMAZING! Even non Christians can enjoy this funny Will Ferrell movie!****

Elf

7. Prancer - Not many people actually remember this movie, but it’s an endearing story about a young girl who finds an injured reindeer and wants to return it to Santa. There is a sequel to it as well, Prancer Returns, but I don’t recall that one. OOOH, the first one is actually on TV tonight. Good timing!

PrancerPrancer Returns

8. Home Alone- Yeah, I know this is not so much a Christmas movie, but it is set at Christmas and does revolve around the Christmas holidays. I think the first is a classic, but am not as fond of the others (Home Alone 2 - Lost in New York & Home Alone 3)

Home AloneHome Alone 2 - Lost in New YorkHome Alone 3

9. The Original Television Christmas Classics- this is the first movie I ever remember about Christmas. I remember watching it when I was really little. It comes with all the classic stories: Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, Santa Claus Is Comin’ to Town, Frosty the Snowman, Frosty Returns, The Little Drummer Boy. The Rudolph story is the only one I remember - a reindeer being ousted from his play fellows because his nose glows red finds a misfit elf - together they run into the Abominable snowman then later save Christmas. The story is really great.

The Original Television Christmas Classics (Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer / Santa Claus Is Comin' to Town / Frosty the Snowman / Frosty Returns / The Little Drummer Boy)

10. The last one I’ll slip in. Most people consider it as intriguing as It’s a Wonderful Life… Myself, I’m not that hot on it. The movie in question is A Christmas Story… I actually find it rather annoying! But to each their own.

A Christmas Story (Widescreen Two-Disc Special Edition)

0 Comments: