Tuesday, December 5, 2006

Bill Cosby, Himself

Bill Cosby, HimselfI remember vividly the first time I saw Bill Cosby, Himself. The only room in our house with HBO was my parents’ room. Apparently, after seeing this once themselves, my folks found it imperative for my sibings and me to see this show.

My sister and I piled on the bed with Mom and Dad, and my brother sat on the floor. The movie started and we laughed at all the funny bits. At some point, one of us was getting on the nerves of the other, and a rambling of, “Stop it, stop it, stopitstopitstopit!!!!” began. About 20 seconds later, Bill Cosby began saying the same thing on the screen. After sitting dumbfounded for a second, we all started laughing. It was at that point that I realized my parents wanted us to watch it because they thought it reflected our household.

When I became a parent myself, I knew I had to own this DVD. Baldman bought it for me at some point, and we sat and laughed at it together. I think our second child was still pretty small then, so it wasn’t quite our life yet.

I think it’s about time to throw it in the DVD player again. We now have 3 kids, two who can use words to describe how much they’re enjoying one another’s company (MOM! He’s bothering me!!!!!!), and one who is arriving there quickly.

I think this video will become more and more the story of our life.

0 Comments: