Tuesday, December 5, 2006

80s Movies Monday-Best of the Worst #8

By Kerri | Related entries in Gnarly Films, 80's Movies, Best of the Worst Movies

Big Trouble in Little China (Special Edition)Here we are back to the Best of the Worst of the 80’s movies. Thanks for sticking with me on this series, even those of you (and you know who you are) who completely disagree with the picks. I have a feeling that this week’s feature is more in line with what you consider a “best of the worst” flick. Or it’s not, and you can just deal. ;)

This is the first of three picks by b5media Business channel blogger, Eric Eggerston. Check him out at Common Sense PR, and at his personal site, Mutually Inclusive PR.

Of Big Trouble in Little China, Eric says:

Wow. Kurt Russell and Kim Cattrall running around Chinatown fighting monsters, overacting and wondering what happened to their careers. It doesn’t get much better than this. Sort of a precursor to movies like Kung Fu Shuffle, which do essentially the same schtick, but do it so well you love them.

I actually haven’t seen this one. After Eric’s glowing review, I don’t think I’ll be running out to get it anytime soon. Baldman’s comment on the film went like this:

Dude! I totally forgot about the Porkchop Express!!!

I think, as editor of The 80’s Club, I am required by law to include any quote that uses the word, “dude.”

0 Comments: