Friday, December 8, 2006

Thanksgiving Breakfast

Thanksgiving Breakfast

I started a Thanksgiving Breakfast tradition at our house a few years ago.

Since we usually eat our Thanksgiving Feast around 2:00pm, we don’t have any lunch, so we need a hearty breakfast. I also wanted something a little special to sit down and eat while I watch the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade.

I came across a great idea, Pumpkin Pancakes or Waffles. Add 1/2 cup of canned or fresh pureed pumkin to your usual batter and adjust the flour and milk to the desired thickness. If you don’t have pumpkin that alreay has pumpkin spice, make sure to add a few sprinkles of nutmeg, clove and cinnamon (pumpkin spice). I usually add a few chocolate chips in there for my kids as well.

Along with the waffles, I get some maple flavored sausage, nice flavored coffee and some hot chocolate. It makes for a hearty breakfast and a special Thanksgiving morning.

If you need some Waffle 101 go to, who else, Martha Stewart.

0 Comments: